About the Network
The mission of the GErman NEtwork for Research on AuToimmune Encephalitis (GENERATE) is to empower cooperation between centers with clinical and scientific expertise. GENERATE we will enable us to better characterize the immunopathogenesis and neuropathophysiology of the different autoimmune encephalitides while elucidating the clinical particulars, clinical courses and treatment strategies. Owing to the rare occurrence of autoimmune encephalitis and other autoimmune inflammations of the brain, new evidence on incidences, clinical symptoms, risks, prognostic factors and efficacious treatments can only be amassed by collecting data on large numbers of cases.
The members of the Network pursue the following mutual clinical and scientific objectives:
- Setting up a joint patient register to standardize clinical data collection
- Building a biobank with cells, blood & CSF for later analysis
- Creating a joint brain biopsy database
- Evaluating the pathogenicity of antineuronal antibodies
- Developing diagnostic and therapeutic standards and assessing national and international treatment recommendations
- Providing help in therapeutic decision-making, directing affected individuals and their relatives to qualified counseling services
- Conducting prospective studies on the therapy and clinical course of autoimmune encephalitis
- Liaison work between patients interested in clinical trials and the competent centers (e.g. MRI, therapy or prognosis studies)
Please take part in the initiative…
The Network cannot achieve its mission unless its many stakeholders work collaboratively. Therefore, we call upon all interested members of the medical community to impart to us their own experiences with their patients.